Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yoga Ropes

Dan agrees, I need to try yoga Ropes class, Tara is teaching 12-1 so it will work perfectly with our trip South. I trust her and there is an element involved in hanging upside down from a eye bolt! She calls it a : Ishvara Pranidhana, surrendering to God. Maybe for a Christian who has turned their life over to God, it's the practice of fearlessness and letting go, letting God.
At any rate I never let the idea of being fearful enter into my practice. I simply took the poses as far as my physical body could go and enjoyed the freedom of inversion and free fall.
We began with forward folds, cat and cow, downward facing dog, standing splits, crescent moon and moved into back ending. Ardha chandrasana was very fun!
Then we sat on our mats to close and Tara said the practice was actually a niyama. And she ended with
" loksha samista sukino bhavantu "
May you have balance may you have freedom may you be at peace namast

No comments:

Post a Comment