Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mark Daniells and Moloa Beach

The weather is improving. We are committed to spending the day on the beach!
But first Dan wants to treat me to a little shopping trip in Hanalei. . .The Tropical Tantrum awaits. Theye disappoint us: no sale rack! They are having a quilt sale:) it's not that cold!

 So we mosey down the road. Mark Daniells Gallery is just across the street and I want to show Dan a lithograph I saw at the benefit on Saturday. He offerd us a very good price and we paid cash for the Northshore  print. Our 15th wedding anniversary gift: Stream of Dreams!
We drop my jury duty letter by the post office and I wonder if I'll be chosen to serve.
Our destination is Moola'a Beach. We spend hours there, awash in sunlight and pounded by big wave percussions. I am reading Treasure Island so it totally works. As we are about to leave, a handsome couple strolls by. There want to know if we are staying in this area. No, but the conversation ensues. There are from Omaha Nebraska! and staying at The Cliffs. They are 70 somethings. . . and super friendly.

We are hungry and drive to Kilauea for the Fish Market Ahi wraps. They are out of the cabbage and greens and most everything but rice and beans, so we choose the burrito. It was filling:) Thank GOD for the salsa and sour cream. We shared a coor light with POG.
Our last little sunshine was on Anini which is so spacious. I read until my phone went dead, then stretched and strolled. Dan hasn't opened the book he brought yet.
I change and Dan takes me to Relax Deeply. He picks me up at seven. I am talking to Eileen another student who vacations here the same time of year. I thought she was a local girl but she is from New Jersey and also a yoga teacher about my age. We promise to cross paths again this week. Class is nice.
Dan grills Opah, a delicious flank of sweet pink fish. He is really getting good at grilling fish. We serve it with lentils and grilled asparagus. Enjoying the darkess and quiet cricket chirp with Bill Kaiwa crooning from our laptop. Our complimentary peanut butter cookies are almost gone. I like the tasting we did in Frascati and choose to test the cookies with a red and a white.
We finish the evening by watching Soul Surfer shorts that accompany the film and I dream of these all night. We are in the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment