Wednesday, February 15, 2012

St. Valentines Day

Happy St. Valentine's Day! Dawn arrives with  a blush and a winged presence. A sweet omen that today will be very special!
After a breakfast of fish tacos and scrambled eggs we pack it up; Dan is taking me kayaking. We head to the Hanalei River and are greeted by the nephew who yodels and plays in The Descendents. He said, " well if you saw the movie, why haven't you asked me for my autograph?" We load into the river and float and paddle in the morning sun, side by side, until our arms have had enough. Lunch is at the Gourmet where Dan enjoys his Reuben and I choose the Hanalei Waldorf. We drive West past the farmer's market because we don't need anything.
 Our destination beach is Kepuhi. It's quiet and Dan claims it is his favorite beach day yet! He flew down the beach directly into the surf and bobs, tumbling about in the generous surf. I am a land lubber to be sure and settle on my towel to enjoy Treasure Island once again. When I stop to pee, I find this bit of coral and a shell and for the second time today find Blessing.


We spend a long afternoon thus.
At five we head home and wash up anticipating dinner at Bar Acuda.
We exchange Valentine's and gifts we have found on the island. Mine is a plumeria barette and his a Carolan print of two koi. I am wearing my short snug kaliedescope dress and Dan looks so sharp in his ivory silk shirt and linen shorts. He is very tan!
Tapas:
ahi carpaccio
marcona almonds
garlic buttered grilled shrimp
ceasar salad with fresh shaved parmesan
pizza with oyster mushrooms, carmelized onion and fresh ricotta
the charcuterie plate
spicy mexican chocolate ice cream with caramel sauce and an expresso
We couldn't finish it all, so we'll have another sample in the morning. . .
Mahalo sweet Kauai for all your gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment