Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lihue Lutheran's Love Boat

We are to meet at kukuiula small boat harbor by 3:45. After ropes yoga we have time to drive South, visit our turtles and still be on time. En route we are inconvenienced by an accident involving a police car, and by the number of police cars speeding to the scene are concerned that the officer was fatally injured.


First Sioux takes a group photo and we are underway. Safety spiel second and then Dan and I bale up onto the bow. Just under the mast to the starboard side. I wrap my legs around him as if on a horse and the Captain Andy's boat whips into the wide open seas! Sneaky tikis are an option but I've never been good with distilled spirits. I choose red wine so I don't get chilled. I clutch Dan's hips with my legs and feel as if I am riding bareback; arms flail, spine undulates as I root into my haunches:) we are so near to gigantic majestic whales. They seem to be all about us. The captain says it's a female with many admiring males showing off by breeching, pec slaps and tail flaps.
It's quite magical as the sun sets and we all settle to watch the final moments of sunlight above the horizon. We are assured of a green flash because there are no clouds in the sky:)
Just as the sun is setting a whale, 100 yards off the bow breeches against the golden orb of sun!
And it's time to return to port. However we are just behind the captain and we here shrill warning bleeps from the dashboard. The captain has someone drop into the engine room below. He reports that the engine is shorting out and some wires appear to be burnt. I radio my Facebook friends 'mayday' . . . .
But after thirty minutes or so the engine cools and we get into the harbor on one engine. Don't think we weren't praying!
We drive to dukes, use the valet parking and text Mike. "Where are you?"
They arrived at 1 and are picking up Ellen at 7:00 so they though tired are waiting for us upstairs. Everyone has ordered monchong and I choose the Mac but Brie crepes. And a glass of Angelina Pinot Noir. It's a nice evening and we kiss good bye. The kiss I gave Mike was bordering on incestuous. My mouth was open and I got him right on the lips. Should I apologize for my lack of sight or let it go? Ha;)

Our drive home went quickly and I texted a sweet thank you as he picked up our tab. I just marvel at them with wondrous awe!And I didn't mean to give him a big open mouthed kiss on the lips, I was either going to talk or laugh and there he was! I must forget this and not bring it up again. (I did confess to Dan.)
Mahalo for a big day of blessing;)

No comments:

Post a Comment