Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kalapaki Walk and Lynn's Relax Deeply


The morning unfolded, pleated with sunshine and birds;including a sweet chicken family, which our upstairs friends felt compelled to feed. Dan steps out onto the lawn to assure them that throwing bread off the balcony is not necessary.

The forecast is for showers and we decide to hop down to Hanalei Bay for a walk after make my banana coconut ginger pineapple smoothies. I guess that took too long, it was already pouring when we passed at the Dolphin, so we turned around and sped up the hill. We were racing East hoping for a dry beach to stretch our legs upon. Finally we arrived at Kalapaki Bay near Nawiliwili Harbor and strolled. Needing to pee, we ducked into Dukes for a tinkle and a cup 'o ale. I am reading Treasure Island after all, my first Google Book.


We stopped by Long's Drugs in Kapaa and were excited to return to Verde for lunch. It was excellent. I love the pickled vegetables, whole carrots and cucumber 'pickles' with jalapenos. They accompany the pork enchilada stack for Dan and the Huevos Rancheros for me.
Once home the palm boughs and fronds are scattered everywhere due to the high winds. We decide to postpone the Farmer's Market in favor of a nap.
Then it's time for yoga with Lynn at Yoga Hanalei. Here is the course. Each asana held for 10 minutes:
Meadowbrook
WL Childs Pose
Pascimottasana
WL Forward Fold R/L leg
Supported Bridge
Gomukasana R/L
Thread the Needle L/R
Two block heart opener
Viparita Karani
Savasana

Crashingly Beautiful
I was sad one day and went for a walk;
I sat in a field.

A rabbit noticed my condition and
came near.

It often does not take more than that to help at times -

to just be close to creatures who
are so full of knowing,
so full of love
that they don’t
- chat,

they just gaze with
their
marvelous understanding.

~ St. John of the Cross from Love Poems from God, translations by Daniel Ladinsky. Thank you once again to The Beauty We Love.

I love practicing here in Kauai, I love Lynn and Daniel Ladinsky.
Dan picks me up for dinner, we grill his NY Steak, wrapped in a beach towel, ( me) and make a salad and baked potato. It's hard to get a hot grill in this 68 degree wind tunnel above the Cliffs! We settle down to watch a movie, Soul Surfer" about Bethany Hamilton who lives nearby and whom we saw last year at the Pines on Hanalei Bay, loadingher board into her pick up.
Namaste Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment