Saturday, February 11, 2012

Grace and Kealia Beach

Thursday, a spinach smoothie with the usual friends, pineapple banana cinnamon and coconut. Eating light because kundalini yoga begins at eight. I am not sure I would have signed up for this, had I known. . .being so happy with my studio in Hanalei, but I am curious about Diane Kline  a.k.a. Guru Purkh Kaur, ( revealed after the happy camper kundalini song:) It was well attended and a pleasant awakening on a sunny day in Paradise.
Things only get better from here:
My word today is Grace; she comes in on a Harley. Since I received the message from Cheryl at the Guild for the Blind on Tuesday, I have been processing what I could enter in the show for visually impaired artists. I pondered this in my mind feeling some impossibility. My intention is to support the Guild, and inspire others who are visually impaired to paint anyway. So a great photo of a banana blossom from yesterday was all I needed to power through, after all today is the deadline.I choose a few photos, a first for me, and three paintings that I had scanned into this old laptop, that sit in my closet. Nora, out of the blue sends me an application, electronically from North Dakota and Dan helps me copy and paste it. The artist's statement from last year was a part of a SuzyGuide Dog blog and I was able to refresh it. I called my bank to see if my account contained 30 dollars and was quite delighted to learn a balance of six remained.
With the push of a button its SENT! I call Chicago to make a credit card payment.
Dan and I pack it up and ready for the warmth of Kealia Beach. We settle comfortably onto the sands and revel in sunshine! For two days we have been trying to set up a blogspot account for Rosie, who is traveling in Italy. Today it happens, while laying her in the golden sands of Kauai:)

But wait, there's more. Just when things could get no 'bettah, they do! Dan get's a text from a colleague in Chicago saying a co worker of Dan's is going to work for the Seattle Times. There is a "woop, Whoop" from Dan and he all but jumps up to do cartwheels. Giddy boy! This person has been extremely irritating for a year and a half. I see the color and joy return to my husband's face as he reads and rereads these words, then waits for the official announcement from work in the three o'clock hour,
There will be champagne tonight!
Once home, we shower and whale watch, then out to the bluff for sunset. The colors are heavenly. This has been the best day yet in Paradise. For dinner honey grills Opah for fish tacos with Killer Dan's guacamole and all the fixin's. Television is no way to end such an amazing day,
Sweet Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment